Interventionist/Child Development Specialist
Business: MountainStar Family Relief Nursery
Weekly Hours: Full-time
Hourly/Salary Range: Starting at $20.25+/hr.
Posting Date: 08/21/2023
MountainStar Family Relief Nursery
Job Announcement – Infant/Toddler Interventionist
About Us and Our Values:
MountainStar Family Relief Nursery is a non-profit, strength based child abuse and neglect prevention program to support families with children ages 6 weeks through 5 years. We provide high quality trauma informed care and services for children and families experiencing high stress. Services include a therapeutic classroom emphasizing social-emotional development, home visits, parenting classes and other full wrap around services.
As an employer, we are professional, agile, and our goal at MountainStar is to be a workplace of choice. We offer excellent leadership that works hard to align strategies with the company’s mission statement, core values, empower employee’s autonomy, provide trauma informed workplaces, a culture of transparency, wellness days, and learning and development opportunities. We were ranked the 100 best nonprofits to work for in 2022, based on our employee’s experience.
Our work environment:
• Wellness days
• Growth opportunities
• Culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion
• Engaging work with purpose
Our values are:
1. Caring – welcoming, trauma‐informed, non-judgmental, family-focused, compassionate, honest, and fun.
2. Collaborative –engaged with clients, supporters, program partners, and communities.
3. Excellence – committed to quality programs, current research, continuous learning, and robust
4. Inclusive – seek out and value diverse perspectives, understand and address systemic barriers
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, organize, and facilitate an NAEYC accredited therapeutic classroom for up to 8 young children (6 weeks – 3 years) as part of a teaching team
• Case Management of 8-12 families including home visits and phone contact
• Regular, strength-based home visits with Spanish and English speaking families
• Referral assistance and crises intervention
• Parent coaching, goal setting and facilitating positive parent-child interaction
• Culturally competent relationship/rapport building with parents
• Maintain records including daily observations, home visit records, family and child assessments
• Serve USDA meals following guidelines and record keeping
• Scheduled bus riding and driving (no CDL required) in various weather conditions
• Support other nursery activities – at times outside of regular hours
• Other duties as assigned
• Prefer Bilingual English/Spanish including reading, writing and speaking effectively in both languages
• Experience and knowledge in working with Latino and immigrant communities
• BA/BS in Early Childhood Education or a related field with infant/toddler or preschool teaching experience.
Bachelor’s in progress, AA/AS or comparable Oregon Registry level considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience in social service setting, knowledge of community resources
• Basic knowledge of child abuse and neglect
• Ability to recognize and record significant individual and group behaviors
• Excellent computer skills including: email, Excel, Word and web-based databases
• Effective communication skills including: rapport building, report writing, conflict de-escalation and resolution
• Ability to establish and maintain personal /programmatic boundaries and confidentiality while providing
• Good judgment and maturity to function in crises
• Cultural competence
• Ability to relate sensitively and non-judgmentally with at-risk children and families
• Work independently and as a team member
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Ability to be flexible and take on multiple responsibilities
Other Essential Requirements
• Ability to lift and carry children up to 40 lbs.
• Ability to pass a background check
• Valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation
• Clean driving record to drive company vehicles
• Within 60 days of employment must be Pediatric CPR and First aid Certified, have a current food handlers’ card, and show proof of completing “Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect,” “Child Care Health &
Safety,” “Safe Sleep,” and “Prevention is Better than Treatment” courses as required by Oregon Office of Child Care
MountainStar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
gender, age, disability or sexual orientation
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please highlight how your skills, experience, training, and attitude will support your success in working across these many areas of our organization.